Monday, October 3, 2016

Chemotherapy- Listen to Your Body


I trust the wisdom of my body, now. But for a long time, I was disconnected from it. I ignored its whispers and I certainly didn’t ask what it needed.

How could God not create our bodies to be the outward extension of our spirit? My body speaks to me all the time. It moves toward what I like and moves away from what I don't like.

My body is SO incredibly wise. I listen to it. I believe it’s God’s voice and He tells me what I need throughout chemo, from what to eat to how many sips of water I should take. I simply quiet myself, and I ask my body, what do you need right now? Then I listen and follow God's divine wisdom.

"To listen is to continually give up all expectation and to give our attention, completely and freshly, to what is before us, not really knowing what we will hear or what that will mean. In the practice of our days, to listen is to lean in, softly, with a willingness to be changed by what we hear." 
- Mark Nepo

No comments:

Post a Comment