Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Beyond Hope, It's Faith

I choose to think that everything that happens to me is here to teach me something. So, what is cancer teaching me? It’s beyond hope, it’s about having faith.

breast cancer, faith, God, prayer

I trust in the universe that everything is going to work out and be okay, no matter what. I won’t always understand but I can be sure that “God draws straight with crooked lines.”

Even in the darkest moments of cancer, my faith has given me an overwhelming sense of peace that sometimes I don’t even understand. Yes, the needles, surgery, and chemotherapy are scary, to be sure, but there’s an overriding peace that I feel in the undercurrents of my soul. Perhaps it’s the Holy Spirit, moving through me, transforming me into a better version of myself.

I talk to God all the time. I pray throughout the day. I pray for myself. I pray for others. Sometimes, I say prayers from the book, Illuminata: A Return to Prayer, by Marianne Williamson. Believe me, she is one pray’in woman! She has the most beautiful prayers for almost everything. The book is such a delight! I keep it on my nightstand.

breast cancer, faith, God, prayer, Illuminata book, Marianne Williamson

I’m in constant conversation with Him and this has indeed helped me on my walk with breast cancer. I have faith that God walks right beside me and holds my hand every step of the way.

I have faith that I’m already healthy and already healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment