Monday, August 1, 2016

The Hair Cutting Ceremony



Knowing your hair is going to fall out just. plain. SUCKS!

So trust me, as one who’s been through it, it’s best to cut your hair BEFORE chemo takes it out. I had beautiful long hair and the vision of clumps of it falling out in the shower was enough to send fits of terror down my nerves worse than the shower scene in Psycho.

My stylist cut mine to three quarters of an inch. I chose to pay my hair forward so that it could be used in a wig for someone else.

Here are the photos and video of the moment I cut my hair. Thankfully, my soon-to-be-husband (we’re getting married September 10, 2016) and my friends were there to support me.

My hair in rubber bands ready for cutting


My good-bye video where the last few strands are cut





My stylist cleaning me up (and that's my hair on the table)


I lost my hair but gained a simple yet profound outlook, and that is, I’m just so grateful to be alive! Something I’ve always appreciated, but now, I feel it even more. Life is more than my hair and I have to remind myself of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment