Friday, September 2, 2016

Chemotherapy: Healing and Affirmations

Chemo’s scary. That’s the truth, plain and simple. And that’s okay.

One of the main reasons it’s frightening is cause you don’t know how your body will react, and with each round of chemo, your body can react differently. Some side effects can get worse while others get better.

But, if you can remember that chemo is actually saving you, it can lessen your fears. And the less worried you are, the more energy you can give to healing. And healing is exactly what your body needs most.

Every day and even during my absolute lowest points in chemo where I felt like I wasn’t even human anymore, I said affirmations out loud for perfect health and visualized myself happy, healthy, and whole. I also affirmed my trust in God. I truly believe that this, among other things, helped me to make it through, one step at a time. Remember, it's a walk and it's a walk in faith.


I am healthy. I’m already healed. I’m getting better and better each day. And so it is!


And I'm in remission now! Yay! Truly a blessing just to be alive and to get to live each day. I savor every moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment