Friday, December 18, 2015

Choosing a Positive Mindset

One simple step I make on my walk with breast cancer is choosing a positive mindset. What I say to myself matters! In fact, it’s critical to my success, particularly through a grueling treatment like chemotherapy and recovering from surgery.

I want to feed my mind and spirit good things. Of course, like anyone, I have my down moments, but when I do, I eventually snap out of them and return to positive thoughts.

breast cancer, faith, positive affirmations, Joel Osteen

I hang a list of positive affirmations on my bathroom mirror and repeat them throughout the day.

breast cancer, positive affirmations, God, faith, prayer, Joel Osteen

I also like to listen to Joel Osteen. I love him! He’s very inspiring! On the way to my surgery, I listened to his podcast, “Have a Positive Mindset.” It really helped me because I was SO nervous! But I set my mind on higher things, confident that it would all work out. And it did!

Here’s a video of one of his many uplifting sermons:



I also highly recommend his book, The Power of I Am.

breast cancer, positive affirmations, Power of I Am book, Joel Osteen

It’s a choice to think positive, especially when it’s easy to feel sad and defeated...It's cancer. And that’s okay, too; it’s just that I don’t want to stay in that space.

I choose to set my mind on higher things. Yes, I'm healthy! Yes, I'm already healed!

No comments:

Post a Comment