Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Let There Be Light! The Power of Visualization

Visualization is a welcome companion on my walk with breast cancer. It provides comfort, strength, and the ability to see my own success.

This is the true story of how my visualization materialized in the real world…

Each night before the surgery, I would close my eyes, lay my hands over my tumors, and visualize a bright white light illuminating the inside of my chest and arm pit, driving out the darkness. In my mind, I would imagine all the cancer cells wiped out and only the healthy cells remaining, floating in a sea of joy. I would then send my healthy cells lots of love and positive energy.

breast cancer, surgery, visualization

A few days before my surgery, my breast surgeon called and asked for my permission to use a special refractor that she had never used before, in fact, that had never been used before at the UCLA in Westwood. She said that if she liked the refractor, and it was successful, it would be used for future surgeries like mine. This could really help other people have a successful outcome!

I asked her, what did it do that was so different? She said that it would “light up my chest cavity” (her exact words) in a way that provided her with an even greater amount of light! In other words, it would increase her ability to see, cut down my surgery time, and improve the likelihood of success. Sounds like a win-win! So I said yes. 

It wasn’t until the next day, while talking to my friend, Grace; that I connected what I had been visualizing all along, to the special refractor. The same light I visualized was now, in reality, going to be provided by this special refractor.

And indeed, my surgery was a complete success! Visualizations do come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment