Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Preparing My Body for Surgery

Acupuncture:
I have eight rounds of acupuncture, two times a week for four weeks prior to the surgery. My acupuncturist, Dr. Allen Arnette, works to build my immune system and get my energy flowing. (I can’t prove it, but I know acupuncture did something because after my surgery, my Jackson-Pratt drains came out only after a week! That’s amazing!)

breast cancer, surgery, acupuncture

Qi Gong:
It’s an ancient Chinese system that integrates postures, focused intentions, and breathing techniques. Qi means the life force that flows through all things. When I do these postures, it’s like a moving meditation. It reduces stress, invites healing, and brings me back to center.

breast cancer, surgery, qi gong

This is the video I use:
breast cancer, surgery, qi gong

The Biomat:
*Read a prior post from November 2015 to learn about its many benefits. So awesome and it truly helps to relax the muscles!! LOVE it!! I’m on it everyday.

breast cancer, surgery, biomat, pain

Breathing:
I often practice breathing techniques, especially when I become aware of my own breath. I inhale 1-2-3-4, then exhale 1-2-3-4, letting go, letting go, letting go. A method I learned from Tara Brach. I often listen to her meditations while I’m on the Biomat.

No comments:

Post a Comment