Friday, November 6, 2015

Keep a Journal

A very important step on your walk with breast cancer is to keep a journal that goes with you to all of your doctor appointments.

Here’s the journal I used when I first got diagnosed:

breast cancer, journal

You’re going to get TONS of information and it’s a LOT to remember! It can be very overwhelming. So write down what your doctors say. If you can, bring someone, too. It’s also a great idea to write down all of your questions before going to your appointments. I had so many questions that I couldn’t possibly remember them all.

breast cancer, journal

Also, when you talk to other survivors, write down their advice, recommendations, and any referrals for second opinions. By the way, shout out to ALL the wonderful, amazing women I’ve spoken to who have shared their stories and given me so many awesome tips that I can now share with others. Thank you so much!!

I’m now in chemo (my second round as I write this) and this is my chemo journal where I track all of my side effects for each chemo cycle, the medicine I need to take, what works, what doesn’t, and how I’m feeling. When you do this, you’ll start to see patterns and learn how to best manage your side effects. Very interesting and it definitely works! I know how to get ahead of a side effect so I can prevent it. I’m all about less pain and more comfort.

breast cancer, chemotherapy journal
breast cancer, chemotherapy journal
breast cancer, chemotherapy journal
breast cancer, chemotherapy journal
breast cancer, journal





No comments:

Post a Comment