Thursday, November 5, 2015

The MRI

It’s positive for cancer in both my right breast and two of my armpit lymph nodes. Really? Yes. This SUCKS! Now what?

The MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging): It’s really not that bad although I’m poked by yet another needle. This one is for injecting me with some fluid during the procedure. Yikes! I hate needles!

I lie down on my stomach on this long rectangular table and stick my boobs in cups. Kinda uncomfortable. Then the table slides in and out of this large, tubular machine for about a half an hour. Easy…although I must stay incredibly still. They give me headphones to listen to music. It drowns out the loud foghorn sound of the magnet machine as it creates detailed images of the organs and tissues in my chest and armpits.

Throughout the half hour, I say positive affirmations in my mind, praying that nothing else shows up on my left breast. I repeat, “I’m healthy, whole, and complete.” Something I learned from Louise Hay’s book, You Can Heal Your Life.
http://www.amazon.com/You-Can-Heal-Your-Life/dp/0937611018

After it’s over, I’m feeling exhausted. The nurse gives me a reward at the end: a warm, chewy cookie! To hell with sugar feeding cancer, I eat my cookie! I deserve it.

Results: My left breast is clean. YAAAAY! But I’m still positive for the tumor in my right breast and two armpit lymph nodes. Praise God there’s nothing more!

Get a copy of the MRI on a CD. Ask for it BEFORE the procedure. YOU are your best advocate! Get copies of your mammograms and ultrasounds on CD as well. Finally, get copies of all pathology reports and slides! You might have to hunt them down from various places as I did but you will need these for your second opinions.

breast cancer, advocate



No comments:

Post a Comment